[Evangelism] HighEdWeb 2012 / Milwaukee (Wisconsin, USA) ?
T. Kim Nguyen
2012-06-04 13:09:31 UTC
Hi - is anyone already planning to or thinking about presenting at
http://2012.highedweb.org/ in Milwaukee Oct. 7-10 this fall? Or perhaps
doing a poster session, etc.?

Kim
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Kim,

Still holding out hope that I'll be able to make it to the Plone Conf,
but this is a fantastic fallback, if I can't, especially since it's
within an hour of my home! Maybe I can make the first day or so and
then head to Plone Conf.

If you've attended, do you have more details on the Poster
Presentations? Are these video presentations, Powerpoints with audio,
other? Are they 5 minutes or so in length like a Lightning Talk?
Because for last year's schedule I see they allowed for 90 minutes, but
had a long list pf presentations listed:
http://2011.highedweb.org/TrackSessions.aspx?id=6

Thanks for posting and for whatever additional info you have!

Ken
Post by T. Kim Nguyen
Hi - is anyone already planning to or thinking about presenting at
http://2012.highedweb.org/ in Milwaukee Oct. 7-10 this fall? Or
perhaps doing a poster session, etc.?
Kim
If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/HighEdWeb-2012-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-USA-tp7556015.html
To start a new topic under Evangelism, email
ml-node+s293351n293364h72 at n2.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Evangelism, click here
<http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=293364&code=a2VuLndhc2V0aXNAY29udGV4dHVhbGNvcnAuY29tfDI5MzM2NHw5MTE0MjkxNDI=>.
NAML
<http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
--
Ken Wasetis

President& CMS Solution Architect
Contextual Corp.
office: 847-356-3027
ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com

T. Kim Nguyen
2012-06-04 14:58:10 UTC
Hi Ken - I have heard of that conference but have never attended. I saw on
LinkedIn that at least a couple of WebLion people are in that group and so
probably have attended. I may have time later to prod them on IRC in
"person" to find out more.

I think I saw a list of events at which the foundation has supported or
plans to support or would like to support a Plone presence, not sure where
though. Could be that this one is in the list.

Kim
ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com
--
http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/HighEdWeb-2012-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-USA-tp7556015p7556017.html
For UW Oshkosh Plone help and site requests, please email
plone-help at lists.uwosh.edu or visit http://uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/help

UW Oshkosh Intranet Project
http://plonedev.uwosh.edu/intranettaskforce
http://uwosh.edu/plone

Co-Chair, PloneEdu initiative for K-12 & higher education
http://ploneedu.org

Twitter: @tkimnguyen
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
I heard back from WebLion - they are not attending this year (Rose did a
poster session two years ago).

How do we propose events that should have Foundation support for
attending/presenting at, or see the list of events that we will be
officially represented at? According to
http://plone.org/foundation/committees/marketing-committee this is the
mailing list...

Kim
ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com
--
http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/HighEdWeb-2012-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-USA-tp7556015p7556017.html

Kim and Ken,

The process for proposing a new event is here:
http://plone.org/foundation/event-sponsorship

The form for applying for funding is here:
http://plone.org/foundation/event-sponsorship/event-sponsorship-request

Mark

Mark A Corum

Writer | User Interface Designer | Online Marketer | Certified
ScrumMaster | Campaign Hack and Spinmeister

markcorum on AOL, Googletalk, Google Groups, MSN, Skype, Meebo, Facebook,
Twitter and Yahoo

?No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.? - Voltaire
ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com
On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM, T. Kim Nguyen <nguyen at uwosh.edu
Hi Ken - I have heard of that conference but have never
attended. I saw on LinkedIn that at least a couple of WebLion
people are in that group and so probably have attended. I may
have time later to prod them on IRC in "person" to find out more.
I think I saw a list of events at which the foundation has
supported or plans to support or would like to support a Plone
presence, not sure where though. Could be that this one is in
the list.
Kim
On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:18 AM, ctxlken
ml-node+s293351n293364h72 at n2.nabble.com
[...]