[Evangelism] Page based CMS
Dylan Jay
2012-12-12 22:54:08 UTC
I only bring this up as its the second time I've heard this term in a week.
Last week a Drupal guy asked me if plone was a page based CMS. This might
be an marketing angle competitors use going forward.

*CMSWire.com (@cmswire <https://twitter.com/cmswire>)*
13/12/12 3:55 AM <https://twitter.com/cmswire/status/278905823156121600>
Page Based Web CMS - Good, Bad or Irrelevant?
#cxm<http://search.twitter.com/search?q=#cxm>
smg.io/VAxRdo <http://t.co/fpq97k93>

Download the official Twitter app
here<https://twitter.com/download?ref_src=MailTweet-iOS>

Dylan Jay
Technical solution manager
PretaWeb 99552830
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
When the 'Drupal guy' asked, it might have been more a matter of him
getting a feel for whether Plone is a 'real CMS' that handles structured
content types with custom metadata well, or is just more of a 'basic web
publishing' tool, as Wordpress at least started out as, and some other
tools continue to be (have a main 'Page' content type, folders, files,
images, but not really much in the way of custom types that each have
different properties beyond the typical Dublin Core fields (Title, Desc,
Subject, Creation/Eff/Eff dates, etc.)

That would have been my impression, anyhow. And coming from that angle,
IMHO, I don't think it's a real good marketing strategy for Plone to be
touted as 'page-based'. That would make it sound simple, yet less
capable to me (e.g., Wordpress, et al.)

-Ken
Post by Dylan Jay
I only bring this up as its the second time I've heard this term in a
week. Last week a Drupal guy asked me if plone was a page based CMS.
This might be an marketing angle competitors use going forward.
<https://twitter.com/cmswire>)*
13/12/12 3:55 AM <https://twitter.com/cmswire/status/278905823156121600>
Page Based Web CMS - Good, Bad or Irrelevant? #cxm
<http://search.twitter.com/search?q=#cxm> smg.io/VAxRdo
<http://t.co/fpq97k93>
Download the official Twitter app here
<https://twitter.com/download?ref_src=MailTweet-iOS>
Dylan Jay
Technical solution manager
PretaWeb 99552830
If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Page-based-CMS-tp7561882.html
To start a new topic under Evangelism, email
ml-node+s293351n293364h72 at n2.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Evangelism, click here
<http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=293364&code=a2VuLndhc2V0aXNAY29udGV4dHVhbGNvcnAuY29tfDI5MzM2NHw5MTE0MjkxNDI=>.
NAML
<http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
--
Ken Wasetis

President & CMS Solution Architect
Contextual Corp.
office: 847-356-3027
ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com

Roger Erens
ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com
--
http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Page-based-CMS-tp7561882p7561883.html
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
actually, this
"""
[START] as a page based CMS,
[GROW] to *your* content types CMS
be [IMPRESS]ed by what you can get from Plone
"""
is already the motor we have for plone.com as it is now..
make sense to you? :)

my2c,
Maurizio
Post by Dylan Jay
I only bring this up as its the second time I've heard this term in a
week. Last week a Drupal guy asked me if plone was a page based CMS.
This might be an marketing angle competitors use going forward.
<https://twitter.com/cmswire>)*
13/12/12 3:55 AM <https://twitter.com/cmswire/status/278905823156121600>
Page Based Web CMS - Good, Bad or Irrelevant? #cxm
<http://search.twitter.com/search?q=#cxm> smg.io/VAxRdo
<http://t.co/fpq97k93>
--
Maurizio Delmonte - [maurizio.delmonte at abstract.it]

Abstract Open Solutions [http://www.abstract.it] - Tel: +39 081 06 08 213

*Some news from the PloneConf!* [http://goo.gl/gtXHQ]

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.it.html

Ai sensi del d.lgs. 196 del 30 giugno 2003, recante disposizioni per la
tutela delle persone e di altri soggetti rispetto al trattamento dei dati
personali, si precisa che questa email ? inviata unicamente ai destinatari
sopra esposti, con espressa diffida di leggerla, copiarla, diffonderla ed
usarla senza autorizzazione. Se avete ricevuto questa email per errore, vi
preghiamo di distruggerla immediatamente e contattarci tramite uno dei
recapiti sopra indicati.