[Evangelism] Power to the people: Plone on NASes!
Roger Erens
2009-12-02 15:49:35 UTC
Network Attached Servers (NASes) are becoming cheaper and/or more
powerful, bringing them within reach of the Small or Home Offices. I
think most of them run some kind of Linux.

There might be an opportunity to persuade the manufacturers to include
Python and Plone on their machines, or at least have one-click
installers downloadable from their websites. For example, on my
Synology it is very easy to install the PHP-based software. That's why
they promote the CMSes Drupal, Joomla, Typo3, or XOOPS.
Maybe a Google Summer of Code project: get Plone running on various
NASes and pitch that at the manufacturers?

Cheers,

Roger
Donna Snow
2009-12-02 21:14:06 UTC
Roger Erens
2009-12-02 23:57:29 UTC
If these get out, I'll try to see the differences in user experience.

Thanks,

Roger
Post by Donna Snow
On that front we were discussing getting a vm image created (for VMware and
VirtualBox) so people could try it already setup. Not sure how far we got
with that.
Best Regards,
Donna 'SnowWrite' Snow
Office Manager, Hacker Dojo